Recipe Contest Rules
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by The Community Connection Monthly, (“Sponsor”), the Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time on October 1, 2017 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on August 15, 2018 (the “Deadline Date”). All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the Deadline Date.. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Eligible persons can enter as many original recipes in this Contest as they wish. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. All entries must contain a local or locally sourced ingredient. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the recipe to be considered. Each submitted recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor tests selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission. Email your entry to: MarketplaceDLO@aol.com or you may send it to: The Community Connection Recipe Contest, P. O. Box 201, East Greenville, Pa 18041.
3. Judging: The winner of the Contest will be determined by judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria:
· Taste: 25%
Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
· Visual Appeal: 25%
Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it?
· Use of Local Ingredient: 25%
Is the local ingredient your original idea? Is the recipe reflective of the use of local resources? Are their unique twists to ingredient usage? Have you incorporated your personal touch to this recipe?
· Crowd Appeal: 25%
Does your recipe appeal to fellow home cooks everywhere? Does the recipe have easy-to-find everyday ingredients and is it easy to make? Does the recipe have a story that will inspire many others to make it?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. In the event of a tie, the highest scoring entry in the use of local ingredient category will be the winner. All judging will be accomplished by a panel of independent judges. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
4. Winners and Prizes: A total of 10 winners will be selected: One Grand Prize winner will be awarded $200; One first place winner will be awarded $100; One second place winner will be awarded $50; and seven honorable mentions will each win a $15 gift card from Locavore at your door and a Cooking around our Valley Cook Book. (the Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each book is $10.00). The total ARV of all prizes is $525.00. Each winner agrees that the publishing rights granted above will be exclusive to Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees for use in any magazine and/or cookbook in any media (now or hereafter existing) for a period of one year after the date a prize is awarded; following such period, such publishing rights shall continue on a non-exclusive basis. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned or substituted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria.
5. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about February 15, 2018 by regular mail and/or email. Any winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
6. Conditions: Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
7. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Montgomery County in the State of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.